
Every morning I have been seeing a Robyn with a huge green caterpillar wrapped around its beak. She likes to sit on top of one of the rocks in our front yard. How do I know it is a she, she is the bigger of the two! The daddy Robyn likes to perch himself on top of our roof and he usually has a worm wrapped around his beak.
Well one morning I patiently waited for the Robyn to go to her nest. I figured it must be somewhere near by because I see the parents ALL the time. I was right the Robyn's built themselves a nest in our blue spruce! I feel so honored they wanted to move into our tree!

Got my camera out and took some pictures of their three babies! I call them the Grubb's! Aren't they so cute! I've never seen baby birds in their nest before. So amazing. Mr. and Mrs. Grubb didn't seem to mind me taking a few photo's. They sat in their usual perches with a very watchful eye over my every move but they didn't dive bomb me like our other bird friends, more about them later.
2 comments:
Wow... Amazing pictures! Maybe you should get a new job taking pictures of wild life. These look like they could be in a magazine!!! So cute. Did Griffin get to see the baby birds? I am sure he would love them.
Wow... Amazing pictures! Maybe you should get a new job taking pictures of wild life. These look like they could be in a magazine!!! So cute. Did Griffin get to see the baby birds? I am sure he would love them.
Post a Comment