Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Heart and Sole Run


On Saturday June 7 Joe ran in the Heart and Sole Run. He ran the 5 K, which is 3.1 miles!

He was number four overall and number one in his age group! Way to go Joe.

Griffin and I were so proud of you! Griffin especially was excited to see his Dad cross the finish line.






This is Joe after the starting gun went off! Thanks for the wave hunny! Glad I got a picture of him.
















This is a picture of the giant American flag that they hung from the ladder of a fire truck. It really was quite amazing and I don't think this picture shows how big the flag really was.



And just for fun a picture of the starting line.















And here is Joe coming across the finish line! His official time was 20:14.7 which gave him a pace of a 6:32 mile!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go Joe! That is amazing. I want to do a run like that, but I wouldn't run it that fast. You do everything Joe. Love you