Monday, June 30, 2008

We live in a bird house!

This afternoon when Griffin and I came home from work there was quite a commotion going on in the front yard. There were birds flying around and squawking like crazy! Griffin and I sat on the porch and watched.

I happened to look into our window well and found the cause of the commotion! This little bird fell into our window well and got stuck. At first I thought it was dead but it wasn't!

I climbed into the well and scooped the bird up into a priority mail box. Then Griffin and I set the bird loose.




This bird didn't move a muscle when Griffin dropped a rock right on its head! Scared me to death. I thought the mother bird was coming in to attack me!













After I let the bird out of the box it ran across the street into the weedy ditch. It took Griffin and I a bit to find it but we did. We tried to get him to keep running up the ditch to his nest but again he wouldn't move.













I can't say for sure but I think this might be the birdie's mother? At least we are hoping.

After the baby bird was released the birds stopped flying around and squawking. Hopefully all will be well with our bird friends!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh I hope the baby bird and mommy bird are okay. You guys are hero's. I wonder how it got so far from his nest? I wish I had a yard so I could home birds and baby birds..... maybe one day! Much love