Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Just wanted to tell my dad Happy Father's Day via my blog! Hehehehe. I didn't get him a Father's Day present, well not a material item, because I was planning on doing a little tribute to him on my blog. Well the picture I wanted to scan in as part of my tribute is packed, I've been looking for days but alas it has been swallowed up by one of our unmarked boxes in the basement. Perhaps next year I will be able to do as planned.

Anyways, this is a photo I found in my "puter" that was taken in May. It isn't often that Heather, LJ, me, and my Dad are all photographed together, and if I may add we all look SMOKIN' HOT that's why I picked this one *wink* LJ is even smiling!!! We told him he couldn't do is beaver smile!

Today we went to the Laurel Ward to hear my Dad give a talk about Father's. He did a wonderful job, as usual. He didn't really talk much about being a Father...he talked more about being prepared and being an example to those around you. What did I learn? Well I want to be the kind of person that can sleep when the winds come. If you don't know what this means I will have to forward you on to my dad, Heather I know you will call him about this...

Now onto my tribute about my Father.

Dad just want you to know how much I love you! I truly am blessed to have such wonderful parents. In my opinion I had a fabulous childhood and it is full of wonderful memories. One of my most favorite things to do is get together with everyone and reminisce about our past.

Now just for fun I am going to write a list of some of things I really like about my dad:

(in no particular order)
~He has a way of seeing the best in people even if they are annoying to everyone else in the world

~When it comes down to it he gets things done

~He is willing to try new things. For example, here he is on Christmas Day 2007 trying out an ear candle that LJ gave him as a gift. He was patient while the candle burned down and did its job. LJ was so happy, especially with the results. Don't worry I didn't take a picture of it but LJ wanted me to. Needless to say Dad didn't want to do the other ear, but he did give it a try!


~He is always there for you when you need him.

~ He always answers his cell phone when I call. (I can't say the same. I don't keep it on my person) It is very rare that I am not able to get a hold of my dad. He will even pick up when Griffin calls him three times in a row and says nothing...

~If I were to show up in a total butt ugly outfit and ask him his opinion he would tell me the truth. Not sure if he would just come out and say, "Gee Tabby, your outfit is butt ugly today", but I know if I asked him his opinion he would give it to me straight up! Sometimes he doesn't even need to say a word I can tell by his expression what he is thinking.

~He is always willing to serve others. Not just members of his ward, or clients, but everyone. He truly has a big heart and generous loving spirit.

I could write a mazillion things I like about my dad but I've got to save some of them for future posts.

Just wanted my dad to know I love and admire him. We've come along ways together in my 28 years of life! I look forward to many more~

~Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Tabitha...... That is a great fathers days gift. it made me cry a little

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Hey.
I love blogs I feel very connected with those I blog with (family). Isn't that weird? Anyway, Yes it will be fun to keep in contact. I shoot with a Sony A100. I druel over the cannon professional line. One day, one day! (at least that's what i tell myself.)
Ok so what's up with the ear candle? Uncle George must be a good sport if he sat there while it burned down.