Saturday, May 30, 2009

Date with Griffin


This afternoon Griffin and I went on our first Mommy/son date. We went and saw Night at the Museum Battle of the Smithsonian.

Griffin did surprisingly well. He sat in his chair for most of the movie. About half way through he wanted some popcorn. I told him we didn't have any. About fifteen minutes before the show ended he kept telling me he wanted to go home.

I was expecting him to be a nightmare, however he proved me wrong. I thought he would talk loud, jump up and down on the chairs, or just run up and down the aisles. He did talk a little but I don't think he annoyed anyone around us. He recognized most of the characters from the original show and I think he had a wonderful time.

Now I know we can slip away every once in awhile to watch a movie together in the theater. It was especially nice today because Joe has been working all week, day and night, and I just needed to get out!

When we came out of the theater it was pouring down rain. Griffin and I had fun frolicking around in it until we reached our car. Griffin loves to catch rain drops in his mouth and jump in puddles!

I should add....my review of the movie. I think it is definitely a rental! Cute but hey its already been done!

No comments: