
My friend Lynlee and I went to get pedicures today. Lynlee is 38 weeks pregnant and decided she needed to treat herself. I obliged and went along with her and of course treated myself!
Well, it was quite an interesting experience. First of all we got there fifteen minutes early, which is better then late but apparently everyone was running late, anyways, so we sat in the waiting room in really uncomfortable chairs for thirty minutes. We watched people and giggled about mullets and real fluffy hair!
Once we arrived in our pedicure chairs things were much better until the poodle haired cell phone freak arrived.
There was some nice "jungle spa" music in the background, as my pedicurist called it. Well all the sudden this really load annoying cell phone ring started. Everyone was looking around trying to find out who's it was...it just kept ringing and no one claimed it. It was at this moment I realized it was the poodle haired lady's. She left her cell phone on the counter while she was picking out polish. She was totally oblivious to the load obnoxious ring. She didn't try and run over to turn it off or even bother to apologize to my sore ears and racing heart! Rude!
You would think she would have turned it to vibrate or something but no...she kept getting calls and while she sat in her comfortable pedicure chair she answered every single one of them. Not only did she have an annoying louder than a tractor coming through your front door type of ring, but her volume was also loud enough for everyone in the room to hear her conversation.

Did we all really need to know how much her clients were wanting to offer on a home, did we all want to know what her broker thought of the deal...not really but we did.
Finally, after all those realtor phone calls she got a call from perhaps one of her children needing help with customer service. She had to explain exactly where to find the 1-800 number on some box of merchandise that needed some sort of explanation given. You would have thought the person on the other end didn't understand a lick of English because this conversation went on and on until it was abruptly ended with an "I am getting a pedicure and will deal with you later" click....hmmm I don't think I would call back after that kind of ending but alas the caller did! She didn't pick up this time instead we all listened to the annoying ring that caused me to cringe and break a nail! After this she decided to text message, which would have been fine, however the key sound wasn't turned off so we had to listen to each push of the button ding like an elevator...oh and then there is the inevitable message alert tone, and it wasn't a cute nice soft one, more like the sound of a broken trumpet blasting in your ear. Sigh...
I wonder what motivates poodle haired cell phone freaks? Don't they notice the discomfort they are causing everyone around them? And more importantly why do you want everyone knowing all your private business? I could tell you exactly how much commission she was getting, and some other details I would consider private.
When we left I told the manager they needed to get a sign that said no cell phones allowed. If there had been a sign I think I would have told the poodle haired cell phone freak exactly where to put her cell phone but since there wasn't any sort of rule you just have to rely on common sense and apparently she totally is not gifted in that area.

Note to self...turn down the volume on my phone don't want everyone knowing what I am talking about...

It was fun to have some girl time and I love the color of my toes!!
It is Sexy in the City by China Glaze I had my pedicurist put some glitter polish over the top and now I feel like a mirthful mermaid!
No comments:
Post a Comment