Thursday, November 06, 2008

A day in the life of Tabby~

Today was an interesting day. Griffin and I were out the door by 9 and I fully intended on having my butt at my desk by 9, but it was in the driver seat instead. I had to run to the post office to mail a package and also pick up the WBH mail. Then I had to head to the main WBH office to drop off the mail and pick up the bills.

We made it to work and Griffin played quite well most of the morning. My accounting program wasn't working so I had to call support. They are upgrading their phone system so I had to leave a message...while I was leaving my message I was seriously wondering if anyone would get it in a timely manner. Well they did a lovely lady named Nicole called me back within the hour.

Of course once I got the return phone call Griffin was getting tired. He climbed up on my chair and somehow disconnected me from the Internet. Why is this important? Well Nicole needed to connect to my computer via the Internet. She was so patient while I rebooted and reconnected the wires. Finally, she was able to get on my computer from wherever she was, kind of weird when you think about it. Well, of course while she was on there my program didn't act up at all, in fact it was running faster and smoother than it ever had!!! Don't you hate when that happens. So she couldn't really help me since she couldn't detect any problems, at this point I am feeling really dumb, she advised me to keep a journal of any future error codes and problems I might encounter for the rest of the afternoon, and call her tomorrow.

So I decided to take a break and take Griffin for his nap time drive. He fell asleep, but when I went to put him down he woke up. Not just the groggy, mommy let me cuddle till I fall back asleep, but full AWAKE. So, I let him go play. The boys were out of school early today, due to parent teacher conferences, and he loves to play with Carson, Jason, and Tanner. They played quite well all day.

It was time to start entering bills again and was semi-excited to start again because the program was working so good while Nicole was using. Of course, the program was back to its moody self. So it took me a while to enter the bills...I also have two full pages of error codes to discuss with the lovely Nicole tomorrow!

Meanwhile, Griffin, Tanner, and Jason were playing and then all the sudden I hear Tanner start screaming, so I run in to see what was the matter. Griffin kind of had a stunned look on his face and Tanner had crocodile tears streaming down his face. I asked Jason what happened and he was quick to exclaim, "Tanner took Griffin's tractor, and Griffin got mad and bit him". Oh man did Griffin ever bite him. I am not sure how but Griffin bit Tanner right on the forehead! Tanner had the perfect markings of my two year olds teeth indented right there for all to see. Right in the middle was a huge red circle, it looked real bad and I am not sure how long Griffin bit him for. I gave him a hug and told him I was really sorry.

Griffin knew he was in trouble and he came over to give Tanner a hug but Tanner didn't want Griffin to touch him. Can't say I blame him. Well I told Griffin not to bite, and I told Tanner he had to be nice and not take Griffin's tractor if he was playing with it. Tanner went screaming upstairs with his huge mark, and I was afraid Julane was going to come down in a fit of rage, (but those who know Julane, know she is pretty easy going, but still I had a vision of an angry mother yelling at me wondering how her son got this huge bite on his head).

So things settled down. I turned the computer off and started packing up for the day. I went upstairs to apologize to Julane only to find out they were getting their family pictures taken today, gasp!!!!!! She told me not worry about it they could photo shop it out if it showed up in the pictures. I felt so bad. Of all the days it had to be on the one they were getting their family photos taken.

Okay, so it happened and I said my sorries.

After work we had to run payroll deposits to the bank, and drop off some mail. While I was out I decided I needed to go to Target to get a lunch box. I know, who needs a lunch box? Me...I've been using a Costco sized Kudo's box to haul my lunch around in. It works but it is pretty ghetto. The other night Joe told me, "your crafty you should decorate your little lunch box with some pretty paper or something", I kept thinking "no, no, no I am not decorating a card board box that I put my lunch in", but seriously I had visions of stamped images and real chunky piece of ribbon for the handle that was secured in with some eyelets! It was at that moment I realized I NEED a lunch box. Today was the day I got one. It isn't real fancy, and it isn't girly, but it will work!

While at Target I also got some church socks for Griffin, some regular socks for Griffin, a Hot Wheels car for Griffin, and some Halloween candy. The Halloween candy was 75% off and it was still the good kind! Griffin and I also looked the Christmas tree aisles, wrapping paper, and ornament aisles. I love going out at Christmas time and looking at all the twinkle lights, and decorated trees!

Well, we came home and I cooked up some dinner. I made a chicken noodle soup dish it turned out good and Griffin even ate some, so I take that as a compliment. Around 6:30 Griffin started to get really grumpy. I couldn't figure out why, he had his toys, he had milk, he ate, I was playing with him, oh yeah he didn't get his nap. Well it was 6:30 and he usually sleeps for three hours so I didn't want to put him down b/c I was thinking he might get up and be fully charged when I was ready to fully recharge. So I decided to just hold him with his blankie, he fell asleep in no time and I was on the coach enjoying snuggling with him and finally watching some of my own shows! I watched Ugly Betty, and Grey's Anatomy. Guess I wasn't really motivated. I held Griffin half through Grey's and then decided he would be down for the night and tucked him into his crib.

Joe came home around 7:30 ish. I think he was surprised to find Griffin sound asleep. It was kind of nice to just sit there and watch tv, but then I got to feeling guilty because the kitchen was messy, toys were scattered about, and I had projects I wanted to get to. But instead of doing them I just kept watching tv. At 9:00 I decided two hours was enough and turned it off. I did get the food put away and the kitchen semi cleaned, didn't get to my workout, or my craft projects. I took a nice long shower and just had a little bit of me time so I decided to share with all my blog readers a sampling of what it is like to be me during the day!

Tomorrow I am hoping to get my computer program glitch figured out~hopefully Nicole will be able to figure out what my two pages of error codes mean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow its like you wrote a book!!! I joy of being a mother. Just think you had more good than bad. I hope you can get all your work done today and Giffin will stop bitting. You should take a picture of Tanners forehead today.... Well love you