Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project 52.365.11

I've been mulling over my New Years Resolutions.  Trying to decide what I really want to work on, who I really want to become, what I want out of life....these are all pretty overwhelming questions.  I love setting goals and making a plan to achieve, but lately I've just been confounded with deciding what goals I would like to make for myself.

Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions, it makes sense it's a new year, a time to start fresh.  After all, your W2 gets wiped clean as of Jan 1, so why not start the year with a fresh slate?  The thing about Resolutions is...people work on them for the first two or three months, and then they become a thing of the past. We just get busy with other things, or realize the goals we have set are a bit unattainable, or maybe we just get plain ole' tired and slip into the comfort of our old selves.

How does one overcome the three month dull drums of your New Year's resolve?  Well I can't answer this question for you, just myself.

This year I've decided every week I am going to make one goal and work on it for the whole week.  My goals can be big or small, and I am not allowing myself to move onto another goal until I have completed what I have set for myself for any given week.  Every Sunday I will write my goal for the week on the ole' bloggaroo and also do a little write up of how my goal for the previous week went.

My goal for 2011 has been named Project 52.365.11, or P52.365.11, 52 weeks, 365 days, the year 2011. Pretty simple.  I  am hoping this will keep my mind focused on the things I need to do better in my life.

It is already week 5 of the New Year so I am starting a little late.

WEEK 5 P 52.365.11:


This week's goal is a simple one.  Every night I am going to make sure my kitchen island is cleaned and disinfected, and that my kitchen sink is also in the same state.



3 comments:

Mormann Family said...

Ok, so I may just steal your P52.365.11 idea. :) I made my goals for this year and I decided to make them "stupidly" attainable because I NEVER accomplish any of the other goals I set. So my goals are 1. Have a baby
2. Graduate from college

Both are in the works and theres no going back on either, so they will be accomplished!! Anyways, I am going to try weekly goals. Thats a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought you would start on an easy one first. Go big or go home, right? Well this really is a good idea! Than you arent doing so much all at once. You can do! I will text you and call you and see how things are going for you!

George and Julie said...

Awesome idea Tabby!