Griffin wanted a spider cake for his birthday! So the above is what I came up with. Pretty scary but cute looking all at the same time, right?
I was pretty excited when I got this done. I had an idea in my head and just hoped it worked out. In the end I think it worked a little better then I envisioned. I made the spider look hairy, or maybe more textured is a better word, by cutting up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and smashing some Oreo's.
We found the eyeballs, banana fangs, and sour green licorice at our local candy shop.
After we got it all done Griffin was so excited. He kept wanting to touch it. We had to put the spider to sleep in a garbage bag over night so it would be ready for his big day!
I know the cake is real scary looking but I must say it was quite delicious! Joe even said so, and he doesn't like cake!

3 comments:
That WAS a darling cake and I agree with Joe - it was delicious too! Just a perfect day all the way around!
You really did a great job. I want to make Ella a cute cake but I dont know if I will have time but we will just have to see.....
With oreos and reeses, how can you go wrong? Looks great!
Post a Comment