Wednesday, March 02, 2011

s{ick}

Haven't been blogging for a few weeks because our family has been s{ick}.

Griffin was the first to get the {ick}. He had a fever, a bad cough, and severe case of the lazies!  Had to stay home a few days to take care of him, and I also learned the benefits of a humidifier!  The humidifier helped is cough clear up and also helped him to sleep through the night!

Joe was next to get the {ick}.  He had a fever, chills, body aches, lazies, congestion, and towards the end of his NINE day {ick} he got an all over body rash, which itched and caused him not to be able to sleep!

I think it was about the middle of Joe's {ick} that I got the {ick}.  I had a fever, lazies, really bad congestion, body aches, sore throat, and towards the end of my {ick} I got an ear infection and totally blocked sinuses. My sinuses are still not cleared up.  I had the {ick} on my birthday and also had to teach my Relief Society lesson while I had the {ick}.  Thank goodness for sudafed, ibprofin, antibiotics, and nasal spray!

Not sure what kind of {ick} we got, but we did decide next year we are getting the flu shot.  We did talk about it this year, but we didn't make it a priority so we had to deal with the {ick} for about three weeks!

While we were s{ick} we enjoyed watching The Deadliest Catch -
Joe and I stayed up way too late watching episodes.  We started on Season 6 and then went to Season 1.  We also had many late night conversations about crabs, crabbing, crab boats, the business of crabs, just everything crabs!  It was very interesting.  Although we aren't as dedicated to the show now that we are done with the {ick} we are looking forward to watching Season 7, and we are slowly making our way through all the seasons.  I might have to buy myself a crab shirt from one of my favorite boats, just so I can prove to everyone I am a fan!

Will do an update on P 52:365:11, I did miss a few weeks but I've got to get back into it!  I didn't really do too well with my no Coke Zero drinking .  Since my throat hurt so bad I did quite enjoy the cold carbonation of my Coke Zero!  Just have to be honest with that!  Will work on it.

Felt I needed a bit more color on this post, so I am sharing with you a springy card I made.  I am so looking forward to some sunshine, and thunder storms!  Ready for the snow to melt and the flowers to bloom!

3 comments:

Lynlee Gunnar & Rorke said...

So sorry. I hate being Sick and Ick. Rorke and I have had runny noses but have been pretty good. Griffin in adorable. So we better get together soon and have our red robin.

Camille said...

Sounds like our February's were the same! We had all that too! Not fun at all. Our t.v. show of choice during it all... "I shouldn't be Alive" It made us feel a little better since there are worse things than the flu! Glad it is over and we are looking forward to the Spring as well!

Beverly said...

Gorgeous card Tabby! I love the bright colors. Sorry that you and your family have been sick with the ick. Hope you are feeling better soon. That Deadliest Catch show is habit forming. I love to watch it also. I think of you often and love stopping by your blog to see how you are doind and how big Griffin is getting. He is adorable
{{Inky Hugs}}