Saturday, June 26, 2010

Time away, together



For the past week Griffin and I were able to spend some time with Nate, Heather, Ella, & Tank.  It was a lot of fun to spend time with them.

We spent many days at the park, and playing in the warm summer sunshine.  Can't believe summer is officially here now.  I've already got my first sun burn!!



For the most part Griffin and Ella get along quite well. However, Ella does not like it if Griffin is playing with Tank while she is playing with Tank.

Ella is growing up so fast.  The last time I saw her it seemed like she was still a baby, but now she has officially graduated to toddler hood!  She is talking a lot more and is very smart.  She knows what cows, ducks, doggies, fish, and kitties say.

Ella really reminds me of a little monkey.  She loves to climb all over everything and everyone!  She even goes up and down the big slide all by herself, I am still in utter amazement over that one!

Heather is keeping herself busy during the day watching two kiddos from the neighborhood.  She is up by 7:30 every day making breakfast, vacuuming, pulling weeds, mowing the yard, cooking, mopping, changing diapers, you name it she is doing it.  I don't think she really stopped for long to just sit.  I was amazed and motivated by her energy and ability to just keep going even though things weren't always going as planned.

Just realized I didn't get any pictures of Nate, but he is busy working as well!  I didn't see him, or him, leave in the morning, and a lot of the times he came home right before we were getting the kiddos ready for bed.  A worker man!

Time at Heather's house is always fun.  Griffin loves it there and he was really sad to leave.  He told Tank he loved him and would never forget him.  Just melted my heart.

I am sad to be back because it was fun to spend time with family and get away from our daily routine. Griffin did really well on the trip down and back and I am happy to report he stayed in his car seat the whole time!

Joe and LJ were busy while were away.  They both worked long days.  I think they did enjoy the quite, but they both were ready for our return!

Now onto my next big project for the summer, potty training Griffin!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Fun! It makes me want to go visit Melissa! Love it :)

George and Julie said...

Thanks you so much for the pictures and the fun update!! I'm so thankful for your posts. It really helps your Dad and I feel connected. Life is so busy and your blog is a real treat!! Thanks Tabby!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay people are going to think I do Ella's hair like that everyday.. Funny. It was fun having you here and cant wait for our next crazy two weeks together. We will have to take many pictures with your amazing camera.