Monday, January 11, 2010

Love Notes & "Blue Days"



So most people who know me know I love to make cards.  I really enjoy sending friends and family mail.  Just little notes that will cheer them up, notes of thanks, or some kind of special thought.  Something about going out to the mail box and finding a letter from someone is just very special to me!

Today I got my own little love note in the mail.  I was having kind of one those days, I like to call them "blue days".  Nothing was really wrong I was just feeling a little down and not too chipper.  So when I got home from work I stopped to pick up the mail.  There was a little letter tucked in between some junk mail, I almost missed it because I usually just take my junk mail straight to the trash. There was no return address on the envelope but I did recognize the hand writing....but I wondered why is she sending me a note?

Well it was my sister who sent me a little thank you for her Christmas stuff and Ella's birthday stuff. It was a really super cute picture card with three pictures of my adorable niece Ella.  They made me smile.  On the back she wrote me a special note which was just what I needed to hear today!  It truly did change my whole day around.  Can't help but think she was a bit inspired to write what she wrote because I have had a few topics weighing on my mind.

So thanks my dear sweet Heather, I truly appreciated your thank you note and also the love note you wrote me!

And perhaps if you have taken the time to read my thoughts you should send someone you know a love note because you never know, it might just turn their "blue day" all around!

2 comments:

natalie spratling said...

I feel the same way miss tabitha, your welcomed birthday card was such a treat, thanks for cheering up my day.

Heather said...

Oh tabby I wish I was better about writing notes like you!!! I love you and think about you every day!! you are truly the best and you deserve the world!! Have a great day!!