This Halloween we ended up staying in town. We were planning on going to visit with my mom but due to sickness we ended up having a "stay cation" instead!
Above is the pumpkin Joe carved on Halloween night. Luckily our neighbor brought us over a pumpkin on Friday night. All over town the pumpkins were sold out...since I wasn't planning on celebrating Halloween here I didn't pick any pumpkins up. Anyways, I just adore his pumpkin and I really like how my picture turned out. This was taken in manual mode, people!!! I was able to make like the candle light look brighter than it actually was. Loving it!
We did two ward trunk-er-treats. We went to one on Wednesday at the Wells's ward because Joe was asked to make animal balloons for the their Halloween fair. Griffin went as a giraffe.
The lovely Miss Whitney painted a smiley face for him at the face painting booth!
As the night progressed Griffin got too hot in his costume so we had to take it off. He loved playing drums with Joe's balloon pump. He is using a pencil he got from the trunk-er-treat.
I dressed up as a witch for the trunk-er-treat activities. Griffin actually rode over to the event with the Wells so he didn't see me all dressed up until he was trick-er-treating. When he saw me he said, "hey mommy you are a witch". It was really cute and made my day! I loved my eye lashes and just so you know if I could wear them this way every day I would. *wink*
Here is the beautiful Jamilyn dressed up as a very LARGE clown. Such a cutie running around in this thing all night!
On Saturday, actual Halloween day, we went to BOO at the ZOO. Griffin had a ton of fun riding the train, and looking at all the animals! This is the only picture I got of him or any of us at the zoo because well, my battery ran out. Seems like every time we have a family event the batteries on my camera are beyond low!! I really need to remember to charge them or just break down and buy an extra back up battery!
Saturday day night we went to Pokie's ward for Trunk-er-treating. Griffin had a fun time doing all the booths with Pockie. As soon as he saw Pockie he gave him a big hug and told him Happy Halloween.
Griffin was on such a sugar high when it came time to do the actual trunk-er-treating he just ran circles all over the parking lot. It was good for him to get his energy out.
Okay so after this was over we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some supplies for our Halloween crab fest, this was at 7:30 pm. Griffin ran all over the grocery store. Once we got home he was so excited to pass out candy and he told all of our trick-er-treaters to be safe once they were leaving. He even invited a few of the kids in to play! So funny!
We finally got to eat our crab, carve our pumpkin, and watch Hocus Pocus. It was a full day of fun!


1 comment:
I thought Joe would be all dressed up too. You've got a cute little Giraffe living at your house. I love that he told everyone to be safe. How cute.
Post a Comment