Monday, September 20, 2010

Joe's Marathon

Joe ran his first marathon this past week.  He has been training for a long time and was quite nervous for the big day, but he of course did great!

His stats:
finish time: 2:51:24
pace: 6:33
He finished fourth overall for the marathon runners, and second in his age group for marathon runners.

Griffin and I are very proud of him and were more than happy to go and cheer him on. We left the house at 5:25 am to drive him to the starting line, and then stopped at a couple places along the way to take pictures and give him some encouragement!

Griffin was so pleased every time he spotted his daddy.  He was even cheering some of the other runners. My favorite was when a couple of ladies were walking by and he screamed out "Come on ladies don't you know you are supposed to be running? "  So funny everyone around us just started cracking up!

3 comments:

George and Julie said...

Griffin is such a cute little guy. When Pockie and he came over the other day, he just talked and talked. I had such a good time chatting with him. WOW and CONGRATS to Joe! He just never ceases to amaze me!!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I'm seriously impressed. I still brag about the time I ran 3 miles without stopping at a 10 minute pace. I can't even imagine doing a whole marathon especially at that pace! Way to go!

Camille said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is so awesome! I can't belive his pace for 26 miles!!! That man is amazing!!! i can't even imagine!!!!