Yesterday was Mother's Day and I am so grateful I finally got the opportunity to be a mother! As most of you know Joe and I tried for about two years to conceive our first child, Griffin. It was a very frustrating time for both of us.
We both are so blessed to have such a wonderful, happy little boy!
Motherhood is not easy and it is the hardest endeavor I have started. For the rest of my life I am going to be Griffin's mother. What a wonderful feeling and at the same time a very daunting task.
I wrote a little poem about my journey as a mother. This only reflects on my memories so far...
I am grateful for poopy diapers because it means my child has a healthy digestive tract.
I am grateful for nights my baby can't sleep because it gives me the opportunity to give him comfort.
I am grateful for his tiny hands that get into everything because it means my toddler is learning.
I am grateful my son throws tantrums in the store because it means he is gaining his independence.
I am grateful my son runs all over the place and makes a huge mess because it means I have someone to clean up after and watch over.
I am grateful my son loves to spend time with his dad because it means I can have some quiet time to myself.
I am grateful when my son gives me kisses because it means he loves me...
Griffin truly is my greatest treasure and I am eternally grateful Heavenly Father sent him to Joe and I.
1 comment:
Tabitha you are a wonderful mother. Griffin is blessed to have you. You are also the best sister any one could ever ask for. I love you so much!! Thanks for all you do and say and even make.....
Post a Comment